Romney hammers Obama over response to assaults on diplomatic missions

From The Washington Times:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney hammered the Obama administration on Wednesday for not immediately condemning the angry mobs that stormed U.S. diplomatic posts in the Middle East and left four dead, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya.
Mr. Romney said President Obama bungled the initial U.S. response to the attacks on the embassy in Cairo and the consulate in Benghazi, Libya’s second-largest city, and accused the administration of issuing a statement he said was “akin to an apology” for Americans’ freedom of speech.
“The administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt instead of condemning their actions,” Mr. Romney said. “It’s never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values.”
The attacks thrust foreign policy back onto the front burner of the elections and ended what had been a day-long political truce on the 11th anniversary of the terrorist attacks against the World Trade Center towers in New York and the Pentagon in Virginia.

(Read Full Article)